CHRISTMAS IN CAREY
Friday December 4, 2020
The event will run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The Carey Area Chamber of Commerce would like to host Christmas in Carey in a new way!
We thought outside of the box to bring a time honored community event to you with safety protocols and restrictions in place.
We would like community groups and organizations to put on live scenes of winter time fun for the whole family to enjoy from their vehicles.
Examples could include:
- Live Nativity Scene
- Snow Fun (sledding/snowball fights/shoveling snow/snow angels)
- Santa’s Workshop (Elves wrapping presents/building toys)
- Winter on the Farm (Tractor with a wagon of winter wonder)
- Caroling or Christmas songs being played by the band
- Winter Heros (Fire truck or EMS unit with individuals being active)
- Other original ideas thought up for each group
*We already have a Santa and Mrs. Claus for the event. Please do not have them in your scene.*
If you are interested in participating, we would like to know your idea for the scene, how many individuals it will involve and if there will be any big equipment coming (such as vehicles). Also, each group will be responsible for their own lighting. Come prepared with lights, extension cords and possibly generators. Each group is responsible for the set-up and tear-down of their scene. We would like everyone set-up and ready to go at exactly 6:00 p.m.
If you are interested in participating with your group or organization, please contact Cassie Miller at the Carey Chamber: 419-396-7856 Work, 419-595-0090 Cell or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Dee Christy at 419-396-7993 or email@example.com.
Face masks are required for this event!