Published on: 1/10/2018
Carey Chamber Member Honors Presents:
The First Citizens National Bank
129 E Findlay St
Carey OH 43316
On August 15, 1863, the Comptroller of the Currency issued Charter No. 90 to a group of individuals in Upper Sandusky, Harpster, and the vicinity to open the First National Bank, located in Upper Sandusky.
With liabilities and assets of the Exchange Bank, which was founded in 1860, the First National Bank opened its doors on November 2, 1863 At the time of opening, First National Bank had a capital stock of $70,000. Two years later the capital stock was increased to $105,000.
In 1946 The First National Bank and Citizens Savings Bank consolidated forming The First Citizens National Bank of Upper Sandusky (First Citizens). The Citizens Bank had been organized in 1907.
As a result of the merger of the two Upper Sandusky banks, the rather cramped quarters on South Sandusky Avenue which had bee